Sunday, January 22, 2017

Because if you can't laugh, you'll cry

I decided to start a new blog without knowing how often I will use it. I don't post that regularly on my other blog, but something pushed me to start this one. I always feel that blogs are vanity projects, so we'll see how this one turns out, but the reason I started it is because I haven't been able to figure out what to do with all the funny (to me, anyway) stories that have been happening as I deal with the diagnosis of vaginismus. I share these stories with some of my friends, but don't really want to make them all social media status updates.

I guess I'm walking some fine line of what I think is funny and what others may think is funny versus offending someone. Maybe I should stop tip toeing around so much and not worry about offending someone and their sensibilities and think more about trying to educate people. Not that I am an expert on vaginismus, mind you. I only know my personal experiences and sometimes, well...sometimes it's just damned funny.

So that's what I want to do with this blog. Share my personal experiences as I go through the therapy to "recover" from this condition (which may well always be with me) and all the funny stuff that happens as I go along. If some folks read it and get a laugh, then that's great. If I educate someone now and then, well, even better.

Follow this link to my initial post about this on my other blog, Blonde Ambition. More to come as I organize my thoughts, but really, if you can't laugh about some things, you're gonna have to cry and I've shed enough tears. I'd rather laugh. Although as Miss Truvy would say, "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion." Sometimes, yeah, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment